Run Your Own BoConcept Furniture Store Franchise
Bo Concept has been designing and manufacturing design furniture for almost 60 years. Be part of that 60 years of passion.
Do you have passion and persistence to:
- Manage a store
- Coordinate with designers to make your customers' houses their homes
- Lead a team
- Have an interest in attractive design and sublime furnishings
- Have a desire to be self employed while also being part of a major international chain
The BoConcept story started back in 1952, when two gifted Danish craftsmen, Jens Ærthøj Jensen and Tage Mølholm, decided to open a furniture factory in the small town of Herning, Denmark.
Their goal was not only to make great quality furniture that looked good, it was to make it functional and give good value for money. Jensen and Mølholm got it right. Their vision turned BoConcept from a small furniture factory into Denmark’s most global retail furniture chain with more than 260 successful stores in more than 60 countries.
BoConcept still designs and manufactures furniture in Denmark. Our team consists of Danish and international designers, and we work with a few, hand-picked certified suppliers in other parts of the world. Our ambition is the same – to create good, honest and useful design.
Our first BoConcept Brand Store opened in Paris in 1993. All BoConcept Brand Stores are situated at high traffic locations while BoConcept Inspiration Stores are smaller stores located in easy-to-reach central locations. Studios, inside other furniture stores, are located in most of the countries in which we are represented.
Our product collection is characterised by its customised and coordinated design, affordable to the urban-minded customer. Our insight into urban life enables us to design furniture and accessories that meet our customers’ interior challenges and need for self-expression, at a better price. The concept ensures a co-ordinated look where design, colours and materials always match.
With the help of our unique store planning tool, we are able to create showrooms with furniture that is always relevant and appealing to the defined target group in a specific area. We follow the current interior trends closely to ensure that our collection is always up-to-date and in line with the demand of our target group.
The majority of our furniture is supplied directly from our factories, cutting out the cost of a third party.
We have also received several awards including the Retail Institute Scandinavia Award 2001, Mapic Award 2003 and the Franchise Award 2007.
Join A Market Leader: Why Choose BoConcept?
- Proven and successful franchise concept
- Experienced and solid franchisor
- Local supporting market organisation
- National advertising campaigns and a solid trading name
- Carefully defined target group
- Brand and traffic-generating marketing kit
- Store design combining inspiration and turnover
- A product collection characterised by its customised and coordinated design affordable to the urban-minded customer
- BoConcept take responsibility for product and service development, and quality control
- A BoConcept University department creating the educational platform for BoConcept staff with comprehensive training programmes in all business skills
- Value-based leadership style with focus on education, service and personal development
- Efficient operation systems and tools
- Multi-Channel Retail
- Home Creator - an online design tool
- One stop shopping – one stop shipping
- A one off affordable franchise fee
- High turnover per m2 and high gross margin = profitability
What We Look For In Our Franchisees
The role of the franchisee is first and foremost to be a role model to the employees and to be the face of the brand and values in the local community, full of drive and passion towards the brand and the store. The franchisee should conduct a visible management style and be the lead driver of making the store a success. To ensure a profitable and ‘BoConceptual’ store – profitable by ensuring best possible sales and keeping costs at an optimal level, ‘BoConceptual’ by following the concept the best practice of running a BoConcept store
- Depending on size and location, the total start-up investment required for a Brand Store or Inspiration Store is between £250,000-£500,000. The start-up investment required for a Concession Store is approximately £100,000.
- You are willing and have the capacity to open 1-5 Brand Stores within an agreed geographic area
- You have a positive attitude towards employee involvement and are willing to delegate and motivate your employees
- You have a personal passion for design, style, and trends. Industry experience is not as important as passion
- Words people use to describe you: responsible, creative, mentor, understanding, hard worker, motivator, honest, extrovert and open minded
- You aspire to provide a new level of customer service in your community
- You understand that you are a team member of a global brand and that you develop your business according to the concept
- You have business knowledge and experience, and therefore a good foundation for running a business
What To Do Next
If you match the BoConcept franchisee profile and are interested in opening your own BoConcept store, please provide the details as requested below. We will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail and to understand your position.
If you live in or near the following areas, BoConcept would be particularly keen to hear from you:
- Milton Keynes
- St Albans
- The Midlands
- The South East (excluding London)
- East Anglia
- The M4 Corridor
- South Wales
- The Home Counties