Driver Hire – Join Our Award-Winning B2B Management Franchise
A Driver Hire franchise provides you with a unique opportunity to run your own recruitment business within our established and highly successful franchised network of over 100 offices throughout the UK.
About Driver Hire
With a 30-year record of success, Driver Hire is the UK’s leading supplier of driving and logistics staff. Every day our network provides thousands of workers, mainly on temporary assignments, to a wide variety of customers in the private and public sectors.
Our success is based upon a proven franchise formula, which combines strong brand recognition, a rigorous business system and comprehensive ongoing support with the ambition, dedication and self-motivation of local franchisees.
- Full bfa Member
- bfa ‘Franchisor of the Year’ finalist for the last 8 years – award-winner in 2012 and 2006
- bfa ‘Franchisee of the Year’ award-winner in 2012, 2011 and 2004
Our comprehensive support package will equip you with all the tools that you'll need to succeed, including:
- pre-launch advice: covering all of the financial and legal aspects of your purchase, business planning, finding and fitting-out premises and recruiting staff
- training: our two-week Foundation Training course equips you with the basic skills and knowledge to set up and run your franchise. This is supplemented by on-site support provided by your Area Development Manager and further ongoing training
- brand management: our market-leading brand is supported by a wealth of centrally produced marketing and promotional material, regular sales and marketing initiatives and an in-house creative design team to help with your own local campaigns
- IT support: our own industry-leading software enables you to manage your day-to-day activities with maximum efficiency
- national sales: our experienced national sales team negotiates agreements with key national customers and delivers business directly to you
- dedicated support: an experienced team of over 50 head office staff covering all key business areas
Investment And Rewards
An established Driver Hire franchise would be expected to achieve annual sales of at least £750,000, with the potential for much more. At this level, net profits should be in the region of 11 to 15%.
Average full year franchise turnover in 2012/13 was £704,000 (double the UK franchise sector average).
The basic franchise licence fee is £30,000; we recommend a total start-up budget of £40,000 + VAT is required, plus working capital. Re-sale prices depend upon the individual business, its trading history, profitability, current trends and potential for future development. Historically prices have ranged from £40,000 up to £500,000 and above.
Funding of up to 70% is available, subject to status, from the major banks. Driver Hire's own Deferred Purchase Scheme offers you the opportunity to purchase a new start with a deposit and an unsecured loan repayable over two years.
Driver Hire is part of the £24 billion UK recruitment and staffing industry. The market for temporary drivers alone is estimated to be worth around £2 billion, boosted by ever-increasing customer demands for a flexible workforce solution and the massive growth in online retailing which requires more delivery drivers.
The Next Step
If you want to build a rewarding and profitable franchise in this key B2B sector, and feel that you have the necessary drive, motivation and discipline to work within the Driver Hire franchise network, then we'd like to hear from you.