Who We Are And What We Do
Fast, fresh and authentic - that’s El Mexicana. Fast refers not only to our great service but also to the speed at which we’re growing - since opening our first store in late 2011 we have launched a further eight restaurants across the UK with more planned in the coming months. We are in talks with landlords in a variety of high profile retail locations and expect to have doubled the current number of stores by the end of 2014.
Fresh and authentic describes the food we serve - freshly prepared in store every day with quality ingredients to traditional recipes, our meals offer a real taste of Mexico - it’s fun, great-tasting street food for all the family. El Mexicana is Halal conformant; all of the meat we serve is produced in accordance with Halal methods and this is clearly advertised in our stores.
Mexican food is widely predicted to be the fastest growing food sector over the next few years and with no established brand leader the market is wide open - which is where El Mexicana comes in! This is your chance to join us and be part of the hottest food trend around.
The El Mexicana Menu
Our menu includes:
- A core range of five meals - Burritos, Tacos, Sombrero Basket Chili, Nachos and Salad. All meals are served with a choice of meat* or vegetarian filling and extras including rice, beans, cheese and sour cream. *All of our meat is halal so suitable for all ethnicities
- A selection of delicious salsas ranging from mild to extremely hot - these allow the customer to personalise their meal to their own taste
- A great choice of side orders including potato wedges, sweet potato fries and tortilla chips
- Drinks and desserts including our famous Churros (Mexican doughnuts) with choice of dipping sauce
- Breakfasts and a range of alcoholic drinks available in selected locations
Why Choose Us?
- In this fast-growing sector, we’re up there with the best - join us and share in our success!
- Finding the right site is easy - El Mexicana is proving extremely attractive to landlords. With such a strong demand for the brand, we have identified exciting opportunities at premier sites across the UK which are ready to go - all we need is you!
- We make it easy for you to become part of El Mexicana, helping you with every step of the process and offering an affordable cost of entry
- We have a simple operating framework, and provide comprehensive training and support – all we need from you is a desire to work with food, basic business skills and a genuine enjoyment of working directly with your customers
- Retail or catering experience is not essential as we provide the necessary training and guidance to help you succeed
We are creating unique low cost entry opportunities in prestigious locations. These include:
Kiosk opportunities range from shopping centres to offices to transport hubs and beyond. The design is simple, unique and flexible, ensuring we can appeal to landlords while offering customers the El Mexicana experience on a smaller scale.
Entry costs can start from as little as £60,000 + VAT.
The shop franchise model focusses on traditional outlets and properties, targeting growth in major metropolitan centres such as London, Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham.
The premises chosen will determine the full investment required, but typically it will be between £100,000 and £160,000 + VAT.
I’m Interested. Where Do I Go From Here?
If you can access liquid funds of a minimum of £25,000 (kiosk), you should be able to raise the remainder with our support from our partner commercial banks. We can also help with lease finance companies.
We will help you find a site using our contacts and, where we do not have an option immediately available, will use our team of experts to find the right solution. We’ll be with you every step of the way, from negotiating with landlords and arranging shop fit design to training and ongoing support once you are up and running.
Experience in retail or catering is not essential, all you need is the right attitude.