The Jo Jingles opportunity
The Jo Jingles Franchise provides an exciting and flexible opportunity to run your own Children’s Music, Singing and Movement Business offering interactive and educational classes for children aged 3 months to 5 years in your local area. (In some areas Jo Jingles also offer classes for children aged up to 7 or 8 years of age).
Gill Thomas, Founder and MD of Jo Jingles started the first Jo Jingles classes in 1991 and launched the Jo Jingles franchise opportunity in 1995. Jo Jingles now has a network of over 90 franchisees (plus an additional 150 class presenters) running classes throughout the UK, Ireland and in W. Australia.
This is Jo Jingles 21st year established as the UK's largest provider of pre-school music and singing classes for babies and young children. Their aim now is for continued expansion in the UK and overseas.
The Brand Highlights
- UK’s largest Children’s Music, Singing and Movement Business provider – running music classes for 20+ years
Proven and established business model and class format
- Educational and innovative programmes developed by educational specialists
- Innovative and creative franchise network
- Big Jo character – company has invested in 8 adult size character costumes for use at promotional events
The Jo Jingles franchise has an established and credible reputation with a range of key national organisations in the UK – leading nursery chains, Government funded children’s centres and 3rd party organisations including BBC Children in Need (appointed Corporate Partner for the national charity in 2005 – raising over £700k over the last 10 years).
Running a Jo Jingles Franchise Offers:
- Flexible working hours to fit around home life
- Exclusive territory in which to run Jo Jingles classes – predominantly during schools hours and term-time only
- Licence to use the Jo Jingles name, character and logo
- Low start-up costs, good return on investment
- Comprehensive on-going training & support to develop the music and singing franchise business
- Detailed training, operations and marketing manuals
- Advertising and promotional materials and support from a dedicated professional Head Office Team
- Personalised local website
- Equipment and class programmes provided which follow Government guidelines for all pre-school age groups and early years
- Range of professional branded musical material
- The backing and security of a credible, recognised and established Brand and Registered Trade Mark
The returns from your business depend on the area and the number of classes that you run. Most owners recoup their initial investment within 1 year to 18 months and are in profit in their first year.
Jo Jingles wants your business to be a success!
Jo Jingles provides comprehensive and ongoing training in all areas of the business as part of their Children’s Music, Singing and Movement Business package.
All new franchise owners also receive at least one week's training at their Head Office before starting Jo Jingles classes, supported with additional training opportunities at regular intervals.
- Everything you need to know about Jo Jingles
- Managing your own business
- Bookkeeping and accounts
- Advertising, PR and promotional materials
- Jo Jingles class programmes
- Detailed training manuals are supplied to each franchisee
What else do Jo Jingles provide?
- Website development and support
- Intranet facility to encourage internal network communication
- Support with managing your own business
- In-class training and a one-to one business advisory day prior to launch
- Regular group training meetings throughout the year providing an opportunity for franchisees to network and meet the HO Team
- Business coaching and an appointed local mentor provide on-going support with business solutions, development and ideas
- Comprehensive range of on-going promotional services and support
- What Jo Jingles look for?
Typically, franchise owners have experience of very young children and may have dealt with the challenges and fun (!) of juggling a career and home.
You don’t need to have had any musical training, but ideally you should have a good singing voice, a musical background, and a genuine interest in music.
You need to be bright, energetic, well organised and have good presentation skills. You will also need to have endless patience. This will all help you to become a successful franchise owner.
Other skills that will help you:
- Experience of teaching children or music
- Ability to naturally communicate at all levels
- Previous business/sales/marketing experience
- Fun personality and a genuine interest in the educational development of young children
Jo Jingles franchise areas are now available from £6,500 to £10,000 + VAT depending on the size of area and number of towns allocated to a territory.
Jo Jingles have some existing franchise areas for sale and financial information is available on application from Head Office or the seller.