Marston’s is the UK’s leading independent pub retailer and brewer. We have an average annual turnover of £680 million and our estate is valued at more than £2 billion. We are a truly national operator with less than 1,600 pubs situated throughout the UK, of which over 60 are currently franchised. With over 130 years of successful pub retailing and a solid track record in transparent and ethical franchising, we are the only pub company to hold full membership status of the British Franchise Association.
What Is A Marston’s Pub Franchise Opportunity?
All of our franchise opportunities are established pubs located in the heart of thriving communities, each with its own individuality and charm. This unique proposition means that not only do our franchisees have the opportunity to run a successful and profitable business; they can also build a fun and fulfilling lifestyle in which strong customer relationships, involvement in local events and activities, entertainment, socialising and a busy, vibrant atmosphere all play a key role!
Why Choose A Marston’s Pub Franchise?
- Established, proven business model – over 130 years’ experience of running successful and prosperous pubs!
- Reduced risk – 92% of all franchise units in the UK are profitable, including new businesses*
- Financial reward – the prospective earnings figures speak for themselves, contact us now to discuss the potential
- High levels of support and guidance - the knowledge and expertise of our experienced industry professionals will ensure your business is as successful as it can possibly be
- Increased buying and selling power – with over 1,700 pubs we are able to secure considerable reductions for you on the cost of products and services
- Excellent induction and training provision – we have a large team of dedicated specialists all committed to your development
- Comprehensive marketing support – we provide you with everything needed to promote your business, generate footfall and drive sales
- Collaboration and learning - a network of over 60 fellow franchisees to share ideas and advice with
- Lower living costs – all of our pubs come with rent free, on-site accommodation
- Peace of mind – we are the only pub company to hold full membership of the British Franchise Association
*NatWest bfa Franchise Survey January 2014
Our Franchise Model
Our franchisees are the single most important factor in determining our success as a business and in cultivating our brand - so we know that it’s essential for us to set them up for success and create an environment in which they can flourish. That’s why we’ve strived to create a culture which places the franchisee at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve developed a fully inclusive start up and on-going support package to set you up for success from day one. You’ll take over the reins of an established pub business equipped with a full pub inventory package and we’ll provide you with comprehensive induction and training designed to ensure that you hit the ground running. In the early days we’ll be actively involved, working right alongside you to provide all of the support and guidance necessary to grow your business. Then once you’re feeling confident and in control, we’ll gradually step back allowing you to manage the business more independently.
What Do I Get For My Money?
- 5 year renewable term in an established community pub business
- Fully equipped inventory package including kitchen equipment and EPOS system
- Robust induction and training provision
- Comprehensive operating manual
- Dedicated Area Operations Manager to support you with all aspects of planning, promoting and running your business
- Operating audits and mystery shopper visits to ensure your business is on track
- Twice yearly menu development
- Marketing materials for all central promotions
- Utility bills, building repairs, consumables and business rates all paid for by us (you pay only for your council tax, telephone line and business insurance)
- Advice and support to build an online presence for your business
- Ability to sell the business on at any time (subject to certain criteria)
- Access to a range of online support mechanisms including payroll system, print shop and our comprehensive business support tool ‘My Marston’s’