Discover the Opportunities to be Earned From a Pitman Training Franchise
Pitman shorthand has revolutionised office communications since 1837 and today the revolutionary spirit lives on.
A Business Superbrand*, Pitman Training provides exceptional centre-based office and IT training for thousands of people every year throughout the UK and overseas.
Quality is at the heart of the Pitman Training experience and the strength of the Pitman brand is unrivalled in the sector. We also truly meet customer needs, which gives us a genuine competitive advantage. It’s why we’ve grown during the recession and why we’re searching for more talented and ambitious franchise owners.
We call our offer The Pitman Advantage and if you’ve got the right blend of skills, drive and determination we’d love to hear from you.
* Daily Telegraph Business Superbrands 2009/2010
Why Pitman Training?
If you are a people-person as well as business person, owning and running a Pitman Training centre could give you a satisfying and rewarding life.
Running your own business is always challenging, but over the past 17 years, we’ve developed a winning formula comprising the following:
- brand leader in our market
- financial stability - growth through the recession, within a franchise established for 18 years
- proven business model - 100 franchises in the UK and worldwide
- unique offer - flexible, in tune with today’s needs
- growing market - IT is fast moving, creating continuous demand
- multi-sector - private consumers, business and public sector
- sophisticated business management systems and marketing support
- bespoke products that lead to recognised qualifications
Clients and Market
The Pitman Training experience is built around student needs and has been developed using a combination of experience and research.
Facts and Figures
- 75% of our students are female
- Many are mothers returning to work, women who want to change careers or get a better job
- Most come to us due to the strength of our brand
- Our clients are busy, demanding and need a flexible solution that fits around their lives and family commitments
- They have clear motivations for training, which we understand
- We are the only training provider to have a national network of centres in handy, central locations
- UK training market is estimated to be growing at 10% per annum*
*Source: National Institute of Continuing Education, 2009
- One week ‘immersion’ programme for new franchise owners
- On-going national marketing campaigns
- Full sales and marketing training
- Templates for local marketing activities with franchisor support
- Sophisticated CRM system to help you manage your business and maximise sales
- Intensive product training
- Annual conference
The investment and returns available to Pitman Training franchise owners vary on a number of key factors – most of which are firmly within your control.
Your business will be what you make it, with our back up and support of course.
- Franchise fee from £22,500 + VAT
- Typical start up costs from £65,000 + VAT
- Typical third year sales of £165,000
Franchise agreements run for five years. Renewal rates are high with few of our franchises wanting to resell.
The Pitman Training network covers the entire UK and extends into countries around the world. The sheer breadth of our coverage means that there will always be opportunities for people who can bring commitment and the right attitude to the business.