TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net, part of Franchise Development Services Limited, is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. The following outlines our privacy and data protection policy.
Collection and Use of User Details
When you register, or attempt to register, at TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net we collect personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address and available capital via our Reader Response From.
When you use the forms or links on the site to "Request more information" from a third party company your basic registered details, including your name, email address, contact details and other registration information (such as areas of geographic interest and available capital) will be sent to that third party, usually by email. By using and registering with the site you accept and agree that we have no control over how third parties use your information.
When you visit the site, we also collect web site usage information and information about your computer and internet connection, including your computer's IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you arrived at TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
We use this information to:
- process your information requests, by passing the relevant details on to the companies you request more information from
- notify you of edition updates, news and features on TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net (if you opt in to receiving such information)
- notify you of promotions from TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net and from Franchise Development Services Limited (if you opt in to receiving such information)
- allow reputable third parties to send you information via us (again, if you opt in to receiving such information)
- ensure, as far as is practical, that our site is compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
- enable you to subscribe to the print version of the magazine (should you indicate your desire to do so)
- manually check and in many occasions successfully process registrations that might otherwise have failed - for example if you enter your available capital as "5,000" instead of "5000"
- monitor the interest and effectiveness of franchisor profiles and calculate statistics with reference to the trends taking place in the franchise industry*
*The results of all such research and analysis will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal facts about individual customers.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete these cookies, any settings such as your stored username and password will be reset and you will need to log in again to use these features.
Unlike many sites, we have gone to great lengths to all you to use TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net even if you set your browser not to accept any cookies. However, certain features may not be available to you and you will have to log in again every time you visit.
TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net has appropriate measures in place to ensure that users' personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within the Franchise Development Services Limited server environment.
Transfer of Personal Data Overseas
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing TheUKFranchiseDirectory.net and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. In particular you understand that if you request more information from a company based outside of the UK your details will be sent to them. Our web servers and offices are based in the United Kingdom.
Changes to this statement