Franchise Brands plc, the international multi-brand franchisor, today announces the successful pricing of its initial public offering (the “IPO” or the “Placing”) of 10,606,061 shares at 33 pence per share (the “Placing Price”). Admission is expected to occur, and dealings to commence, at 8.00am on Friday 5 August 2016, under the ticker “FRAN.L” and with the ISIN GB00BD6P7Y24.
- The Placing was oversubscribed and includes high quality institutional investors.
- Directors subscribed for c.1.97m shares (£650,000).
- Based on the Placing Price, the market capitalisation of the Company on admission to trading on AIM (“Admission”) will be approximately £15.6 million.
- The Company has conditionally raised £3.5 million (before expenses) pursuant to the Placing. The net proceeds will be used, along with its existing cash resources, for business expansion, in particular for acquisitions.
- On Admission, Stephen Hemsley and Nigel Wray (together the “Founders”), will hold approximately 27.6 and 29.9 per cent. respectively of the issued share capital of the Company.
- Admission and commencement of unconditional dealings in the Ordinary Shares on AIM are expected to take place at 8.00am on Friday 5 August 2016
Stephen Hemsley, Executive Chairman:
"Today marks a significant milestone in the development of Franchise Brands. Despite challenging market conditions, we are delighted to have received this level of support from investors. Our admission to AIM will provide us with a strong platform from which to build on our success to date, and expand the Group through the acquisition of complementary businesses. “We welcome our new shareholders and look forward with confidence to the next phase of our development as a publicly quoted company.”
Published: 10th August 2016